The Sisters in the Brotherhood Pre-Apprentice Program
The Northeast Carpenters Apprentice Training and Education Fund and the Sisters in the Brotherhood are launching a Women's Pre-Apprentice Program in Baltimore, MD giving women the tools they need to become a successful union carpenter apprentice where they will EARN while they LEARN! Register for Baltimore today!
Women.....Need a Career??
Jobs Don't Have A Gender In The Carpenters Union!
The Capital Region Workforce Development Board, Workforce Development Institute, YWCA of the Greater Capital Region, Mission Accomplished Transition Services, the Northeast Carpenters Apprentice Training Fund and the Sisters in the Brotherhood, are launching The Pre-Apprentice Program, which can lead to a five-year apprenticeship program with the carpenters union allowing you to earn while you learn . The Sisters are particularly supportive of women and minorities who never thought about carpentry as a career.
The Pre-Apprentice Program allows for a trial period to find out if carpentry fits your career path.
In order to qualify for this program:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate or equivalent recognized by local school authorities. ( Please bring a copy of your high school transcript, GED and/or college transcripts with you.)
- Physically able to perform work (stand lift bend)
- Reliable transportation to and from job sites and school.
- Willing to submit to and pass a drug test upon acceptance
- If applicant is a veteran, a copy of DD-214 is required.
- MUST LOVE TO WORK WITH YOUR HANDS <3
* PHONE NUMBER IS REQUIRED*
If you possess the qualifications listed above, contact, Phone: 518-438-0901 to register for one of the sessions scheduled on the dates below. The session will provide information regarding the program and to evaluate if individuals meet the basic qualifications for The Pre-Apprentice Program.
Sessions will be held at the following locations:
Monday, June 12th at the Carpenters Training Center at 1:00pm
(1407 Rome Road, Baltimore, MD, 21227)