October 16, 2017 – Edison, NJ – The Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters (NRCC) has released the second issue of The Digital Carpenter, a magazine featuring news and features on our issues, projects and Union Carpenters. To read The Digital Carpenter, please visit: http://www.northeastcarpenters.org/digitalcarpenter2.
The 48-page magazine includes informative articles about:
- The First Carpenter Politician: Peter J. McGuire, founder of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Joiners of America, is one of the fathers of the labor movement and fought for a number of workers’ rights, like the 8-hour, 5-day workweek. (Page 9)
- Important Workers’ Rights issues: This article highlights the latest news on Right to Work legislation in States across the U.S. and the federal government’s attack on the Davis-Bacon Act. (Pages 10-11)
- New York Constitutional Convention: The New York State Constitution safeguards fundamental workers’ rights to collectively bargain/organize and requires that prevailing wage is paid on public projects. NRCC is encouraging all New Yorkers to Vote No on this year’s Constitutional Convention ballot question. (Pages 12-13)
- Elected Official Profiles: From Phil Murphy – who is running for New Jersey Governor – to Jack Martins – who is running for Nassau County Executive – we detail the candidates we are supporting and why we are supporting them. (Pages 14-16)
- Carpenter Candidates: Profiles of our carpenters who are running for elected office in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. (Pages 17-24)
- Our 2017 Endorsements: The Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters list of endorsed candidates running for elected office in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. (Pages 25-28)
- Government at Work: Read more about visits to NRCC offices by state and local elected officials to discuss important policy and political issues. (Pages 31-34)
- Project Spotlights throughout our Council: From the Camden Waterfront Redevelopment to the Long Island Railroad Third Track, NRCC's Union Carpenters are working on some of the most major projects in our region. (Pages 38-43)
About the NRCC
The Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters (NRCC) represents nearly 40,000 hardworking men and women in Delaware and New Jersey and portions of Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania. NRCC is one of the largest trade unions on the East Coast. The NRCC equips professional men and women carpenters with the skills, training and quality workmanship that are demanded in today's construction industry. For more information on NRCC, please visit our website: www.northeastcarpenters.org; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NortheastRegionalCouncilofCarpenters; or Twitter: https://twitter.com/nrccarpenters.
# # #