Philadelphia (June 21, 2017) – On May 25, 2017, the Philadelphia Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Committee (CJAC) held its 63rd annual commencement exercises at the Hilton Philadelphia to recognize over 135 Carpenters, Mill/Cabinet, Floorlayers, Millwrights and Wharf and Dock apprentices who have successfully completed their apprenticeship training.
The toastmasters for the event were: Mr. William Irwin, Executive Director CITF; Mr. Philip Radomski, Co-Chair, CJAC; and V.P. Radomski & Sons Inc., and Jack Healy, CEO, Healy, Long & Jevin.
Special awards were presented by Charles T. Brock, Director, CJAC; Carpenters Company Awards were presented by Howard Lebold of McGillin Architecture; and the Concrete Contractors Association Award was presented by Jack Healy and Fran Petrini, CEO, Petrini & Sons Inc.
Notable attendees at the luncheon included:
- Northeast Council of Carpenters (NRCC) Tri-State Regional Manager Robert Naughton
- NRCC’s Northwest New York Regional Manager Dave Haines.
- Jim Dolente, Chairman of the Board General Builders Contractors Association (GBCA) & CEO of Madison Concrete Construction
- Benjamin Connors Esq., President of GBCA
- Kim Clearkin, Executive Director, Interior Finishers Contractors Association
The luncheon also included awards presented to the following recipients:
- First Place in Carpentry awarded to Eric Brock
- First Place in Mil/Cabinet awarded to Steven Childs
- First Place in Millwright awarded to Jason Mushinski
- First Place in Floorlayers awarded to Andrew Janzer
- First Place in Wharf and Dock awarded to Michael Gill
Robert Naughton, Tri-State Regional Manager of the NRCC, knows that the students put in hard work during their apprentice years.
“It’s great to see the number of graduates increase this year versus previous graduations,” said Naughton. “We just had another 135 apprentices join the ranks, and I look forward to seeing the next round of graduates a year from now.”
About the NRCC
The Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters (NRCC) represents nearly 40,000 hardworking men and women in Delaware and New Jersey and portions of Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania. NRCC is one of the largest trade unions on the East Coast. The NRCC equips professional men and women carpenters with the skills, training and quality workmanship that are demanded in today's construction industry. For more information on NRCC, please visit our website: www.northeastcarpenters.org; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NortheastRegionalCouncilofCarpenters; or Twitter: @NRCCarpenters.
# # #