The NRCC political team is working hard every day to preserve labor rights and represent our members in the communities that they work, in the places that they live and in State Legislatures in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland.
Our Council is vigilant in fighting to:
- Preserve Collective Bargaining Agreements and State Prevailing Wage laws, including the ability to enter into Project Labor Agreements;
- Oppose right-to-work legislation that allows companies to exploit workers;
- Ensure that construction performed with public funds is done so with prevailing wages for all workers.
- Create a system of fair contracting throughout the construction industry that allows good business to excel while unscrupulous contractors are penalized
- Protect all workers, regardless of union or immigration status, from underground construction corruption, including wage theft and payroll fraud