To register in New Jersey you must be:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Deadline: The 2016 registration deadline for this year is October 18th. Applications must be postmarked no later than October 9th to be eligible to vote in the General Election. Please make sure you’re registered before then to ensure that you’re ready to voice your vote in this year’s election.
In Person: You can register in person at your county board of elections or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center. Please visit the County Board of Elections to find the address of your county board of elections.
By Phone: You can call our 1-800-FOR- VOTE hotline to request application.
Printing the form to submit via mail or delivery? Please click here.